Fluid Fridays Acrylic Pour Painting Ceramic Tile Pours!

This week I thought it would be fun to show you just how we do 
the coaster pours on ceramic tiles  in the studio!
I love the way the paint goes on the tiles. When we began doing the coaster 
sets I was skeptical about pouring on a glossy non porous finish. But, they
quickly became my favorite substrate for these pours in all sizes !
This video is our recipe for the tile pours . It is what we 
have found works best for us on tiles. I am constantly changing 
up recipes for pours depending on substrates, paints, additives etc. 


The 2 photos below are after they have dried  but before the resin is applied.
I love the way the gold showed up in the first pour . I thought I would 
love the second pour the best being a sucker for blues but after drying I
loved the depth of the colors in the first pour. 




Supplies I used for this week's pour:
I could not find my favorite Holbein fluid paint on Amazon . I used the primary cyan fluid acrylic. A couple of the liquitex links are for large tubes of 2 and 3 packs. Also the ceramic tiles are most likely cheaper at your local hardware store when purchased in bulk boxes :)



Upcoming Live Workshop !

Plaza Art Cincinnati Kenwood location
May 13th
11-4pm
Encaustic Monotypes !
This workshop introduces the exciting techniques of creating   encaustic mono types with wax and pigments on a heated surface! Workshop open to artists of all skill levels. Learn how to create one of a kind prints with molten beeswax ,oils,  inks and other media directly on the heated surface . Students will have an overview of equipment , materials, tools, supplies,  safe setup tips, paper types,  create stacks of prints and create a printed  rice paper scroll in this workshop. Learn multiple  techniques and tips for successful printmaking, and then moving on to layering ,color mixing , and masking techniques.  Discover fun tools that you can use and create yourself for this encaustic mono type process .  All supplies and substrates  provided .Seating very limited sign up early.  Small group environment provides for  ample discussion of techniques, use of heated palettes, and individual guidance. Sunday May 13 , 11-4pm , Plaza Art Store in Cincinnati Kenwood location. 

click Here for details 







To see this video directly on the Youtube channel click 

Blessings to you,
Shari 


Popular Posts