Welcome to Wax on Wednesdays #5!


Welcome to "Wax on Wednesdays" #5!
This week is all about mark making in the wax both on clayboard, and paper substrates !
I used the Shiva Paint Sticks for colors this week.

The paper I used was a Strathmore mixed media paper . It was 140 lb and a little heavy for this installation. If I continue with the "mark Making "series , I will use a much lighter handmade paper  , which will also be better for the wonderful translucency that I love.

I have been in an encaustic Frenzy of creating and the studio is ready for a thorough cleansing ! A fresh work surface covering on my bench, and complete dewaxing is definitely in order as my Hubby was giving me funny looks as he peeked in yesterday. "What , is my there wax in my hair?" Yeah ,  most likely :)

  But ,first I wanted to show you this piece as it was in process. This one took quite a while , so time lapsed an understatement as I didn't want to bore you with all of the tedium , but wanted you to still get an idea of the stages it goes through. I also usually work on several at a time , so that I can let the wax cool down and rest in-between.

Although it doesn't show it,  yes-er- indeed-y, every single little thin layer is either fused with heat gun or torch.




Sometimes you can't see the video when you receive the post via email. If you cannot see this video here is the direct link to it on my Youtube Channel :)
http://youtu.be/BvaT392z09g 

Blessings to you,


Popular Posts