Wax on Wednesdays #2

Welcome to Wax on Wednesdays #2 



This week I am showing some of my favorite methods of painting . This abstract piece was done over several days time in many , many layers. Most of the time what I begin with is not reflective of what the painting  will become in the end. Layers allow you to keep certain elements , scrape back to reveal older layers of color, or take it in another direction .

Wax Layer Play



My paintings are often mood based. We are all creatively affected by what surrounds us. You can even tell from my color scheme when the weather changed from sunny, to days of clouds and thunderstorms.

 

For this painting I used Sennelier oil pastels, Shiva Paint Sticks, "Hot Cakes" by Encausticos, R and  F brand titanium white, and  
R andF encaustic medium 
I hope you enjoy this Wax On Wednesday!
Blessings to you





 If you are not able to view the videos (sometimes it does not come through when you receive it through email ,here is the direct link.There are 2 videos for you this week :)
http://youtu.be/qfuBpzlrOI4
 
If you are not able to view the videos (sometimes it does not come through when you receive it through email ,here is the direct link. There are 2 videos for you this week :)
http://youtu.be/s0d9fwqGNjw



Popular Posts